Solar energy is the radiation of light and heat from the sun which is channeled using an ever-evolving technology that includes solar heating, thermal energy, solar architecture, photovoltaic and photosynthesis. Solar power is usable energy that is usually captured through a photovoltaic solar panel system that converts sun rays into usable electricity. Residential and commercial property owners can install solar hot water systems and design their buildings with passive solar heating in mind to fully take advantage of the sun’s energy with solar technology.
A solar panel is also known as the solar module is a metallic frame that consists of a layer of silicon cells with wiring that transfers electric current from the silicons consists of a layer of silicon cells, a metal frame, a glass casing unit, and wiring to transfer electric current from the silicon. Silicon is a nonmetal with conductive properties that allow it to absorb and convert sunlight into usable electricity. When light hits a silicon cell, the light causes electrons in the silicon to be set in motion, initiating a flow of electric current. This is known as the photovoltaic effect and it describes the general functionality of solar panel tech.
One of the frequent questions, we get from clients always is in relation to how long solar panels last. Today we will take a brief look at how quality solar panels like the ones we sell can last. When you have reached the consideration stage about investing in a solar. Solar panels present several ways in which energy cost can be offset which will reduce energy impacts of your home, contributing to energy independenceAre you looking to install panels on your home? Let’s get right into the lifecycle
According to studies and research carried out the life expectancy of solar panels is 30 years before decommissioning, between 10 to 12 years the maximum decrease in efficiency is 20% when reaching 25 years. During the life of the photovoltaic panels, there is a 20 per cent decrease in power capacity might occur, then the efficiency drops to 6 to 8 per cent after 25 years. The lifespan of solar panels may thus be much longer than officially stated. The lifespan of high-quality PV panels may even reach 30 to 40 years, and be still functional afterwards, though with decreasing efficacy.
Cleaning and Maintenance tips
Owning a solar panel is credited to be a big investment that can last for a long time, the maintenance and tips are needed to ensure its longevity.
- Keep solar panels out of the shed and into the sunlight, make sure they are flashing green lights, If they are not flashing, you are losing money by no longer compensating for your electricity use.
- If you have no time to clean solar panels, you can install automated cleaners that work like sprinkler systems or even schedule appointments with solar panel cleaning companies.
- Cleaning solar panels have never gotten easier! Clean solar panels when they are moist or wet so any dirt so residue that is stuck on them can be wiped off easily.
- Never use an abrasive sponge or soap for your solar panel cleaning as you may scratch the glass. The best way to clean solar panels is by using asoft rag or biodegradable soap.
- When cleaning, you might be able to just run a hose along the panels to remove any dirt. Fewer calls on solar panel maintenance.
- For your safety and the safety of others around you, use a long-handled wiper to clean the panels while you are standing on the ground.
- Always watch out for dirt on the solar panels to make sure it doesn’t build up since they can absorb sunlight better when they are free of dirt.